Jul 16, 2013

Writing with Dyslexia




For those of you who do not know me as well, writing is my weakness. (If you can’t tell from all the grammatical and spelling errors in these posts!)

I have dyslexia, and when I was younger I used that disability as a crutch and excuse for why I would never be a good writer. To this day, I struggle with writing emails and written assignments for school. I am always worried about typos and getting my point across (or sounding like an idiot).

It does not matter how many times I read over emails or assignments, it almost never fails that I spot an error right after I press “send”. Because of this life-long struggle, this whole blogging thing is a big stretch for me. I am hoping that by forcing myself to blog, I can begin to find my voice and begin feel more comfortable writing.

Though this is not a specific “travel” post, I hope this gives you a bit of insight into my blog. I am working to overcome this struggle, and hope you will stick with me as I force myself to keep writing!

Thanks for reading!

Hannah

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for being so open and vulnerable about your dyslexia, Hannah. Know that you are loved - typos and all! Luckily for all of us, a blog is a super safe place to express our thoughts without too much concern for being grammatically correct. :) I'm really enjoying reading all about your trip. Thanks for all the updates - keep them coming! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete